Waste pipe fall angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to gauge the feasibility of installing a shower cubicle to an inside wall, and moving the basin to that same wall. What I needed to know was whether it would have enough fall to get to the outside wall. That would be about 2 metres away front he shower & basin location. And obviously I would be looking to achieve that fall underneath the floorboard. I think the pipe would be going in the same direction as the floor joists.

Any other thoughts or advice I should consider? And would I be able to get enough rate of fall to put these on that wall opposite the outside one?

Hope that was clear and not incoherrent babble!

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
Fall required is between 18-90 mm per metre run but the maximum length for an unvented waste pipe run is 1.7m for 32mm diameter & 3m for 40mm waste. If the joists are at 90 degrees DO NOT notch them; Building Regs. cover where & to what extent you can drill & notch joists. If you tee the shower & basin into the same waste run you will need to fit either an air inlet valve or an anti-siphon trap on the basin run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back