Floor screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi need some help, i have an extension built and have laid a solid concrete floor the room it is extended onto is not solid concrete, i was looking to screed the new bit but am now undecided as to whether to or not. Should i just baton it out instead? How would I screed upto a timber floor?

Any comments welcome

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what type of floorcovering your installing. there are a few options. first if ply out the wooden floor, and then screed the concrete up to the ply. 2nd is use a product like jumpax [urlhttp://www.jumpax.net/[/url]
it can go straight over the wood and concrete floor and creates a floating timber floor. and 3rd you can buy screed that will go over timber floors aswell as concrete to create one whole screed. all options different in price, with the ply option the cheapest. although to get the floor perfectly flat, this will probably be the most difficult. if you plan to go into a shop to buy your floorcovering, they will be able to help, advise and do the prep work.
Prep work is very important if you plan any vynal, amtico, karndean type flooring i.e. leave to the pro's. if your installing hardwood or carpet then have a go!

Hi need some help, i have an extension built and have laid a solid concrete floor the room it is extended onto is not solid concrete, i was looking to screed the new bit but am now undecided as to whether to or not. Should i just baton it out instead? How would I screed upto a timber floor?

Any comments welcome

Screeding up to a timber floor is no problem, all you will end up with is some minor shrinkage where the screed meets the timber.

It all depends though, upon what you final floor covering will be. Once you have decided that then decide on how you make good the extension floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back