Worcester 24CDi Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a caravan with a Worcester 24CDi Combi boiler fitted. Since it was moved to a new plot the water has not heated, and now the central heating has failed too. The pressure is a little under 1 bar - would this be the problem? We've had a plumber look at it and he's replaced the valve and the PCB board (?) but it still happens. A plumber is now replacing the pipes as he's been told they are too small bore for the boiler. However the caravan is 5 years old and has the pipes it's always had. The boiler tries hard to light if the gas fire is on at the same time, but goes out after a little flame fluttering. If the fire isn't lit it doesn't even try to light. Anyone got any ideas as the people currently looking at it are fast giving up! :(

Sponsored Links
lpg i assume,what size bottles?
regulator? gas pipes possibly undersized .high demand appliance small bottle not capable to supply demand,get someone competant to assess the problem and ask for your money back as you still have a problem

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is LPG. Not sure of the bottle size - they're tall red ones! (did I mention I'm a female?). The regulator is one which senses when the bottle is empty, goes red and flips over to the other bottle. It is a different one from that originally used in the summer, but I got the guy to replace it briefly with one the same as the original to test that. He's also replaced the new regulator with another new one in case it was faulty. The pressure was checked at the boiler and was OK.

Corgi guy said he thought that the extra cold air temp might be the reason plus the damand being too great for the pipe size. Apparently it;s a larger boiler than normally fitted to a caravan, but like I say it's the one it's always had.

increase the gas supply size so the boiler and fire both work safely together,then you can fault find this good boiler,first check polarity, then operation of pump and move forward from there :D

Can't understand why he's tried 3 reg's, as he got an lpg ticket.
What's the pressure at the reg with the fire on full.

I think they're thinking that the fire will always suffer when the boiler is firing for heat or water. What they can't understand is why the boiler won't light at all now. At first it just wouldn't heat the water, but the heating was OK. Now it won't light at all. Seems to me if it was a pipe issue it would be the same all the time, unless the temperature makes a difference. It's a closed system so would the internal pressure affect it at all? It is lower than we've ever seen it.

top it up to just over 1 bar.the gauge should read just over 1

At this time of year the hot water will only be just over 40 degC above the cold water temp at full flow 9lt per min if have your corgi man check the inlet gas pressure with the gas valve mode switch set on max ,if the bottle is conected by a hose then he should have around 35mb inlet (working at max)if your hose is more than 1 meter long get him to shorten it as it has a big restriction on gas flow.Worcester supply boilers to willerby caravans etc and charge £170.00 inc parts if all else fails.

Thanks, this is something I can get him to try. I don't think he's working this week so I'll have him check it next week. The hose is only about 18ins long before it goes into the regulator, then it goes into the metal pipe. He hasn't been talking to Worcester, but Bosch who I think supply the Worcester boilers for Willerby. They were the ones who said the pipe was too narrow.
My husbands convinced it has something to do with the fact that they disconnected the regulator before they moved the van and left it for about 3 weeks with the vertical part of the pipe exposed. Water, sand or lots worse could have found their way down there. The plumber blew the pipes through but it doesn't stop hubby from worrying there's something there partially obstructing the pipe.
I just hope they manage to sort it out before it all freezes up!
I appreciate all your help.

Who disconnected it, a gas pipe should be capped off if left disconnected.
Did you tell Corgi that, disconnect at appliances and blow through with compressed air, gas doesn't go through water very well and sands worse.
If you hav'nt got comp air Corgi will know what to do. ;)
What size is the pipe going to reg and how far to combi. Assume it's copper all the way?

He has been talking to Worceser as they are the same Worcester heat systems is part of the Bosch group.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back