low profile shower tray onto floorboards & tanking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im about to fit a low profile stone resin quadrant tray direct onto floorboards..
flooorboard are solid no movement,,,, ive also brought some easybath tanking also
couple questions

whats best to bed shower tray down with ??? i fear sand cement mix would crack up over time

how do i seal using this tanking system do i seal all the floor first ? or do i lay the tray and seal up to the tray with the flexible tape of tanking kit

Do i lay the plastic sheeting over floorboarrds and also seal this to walls

help much apreciated

Sponsored Links
Make where the edges of the tray will come out too then tank from the floor to about a meter up.

Are you going to be tiling the floor?

You can fix the tray to floor using silicone sealant,no need for plastic sheeting.Once the tray is in place seal where it meets the walls.

Wet mortar is best (as is probably indicated in the manufacturer's instructions). As for it cracking over time, has the mortar in the brickwork in your house done so? And, as you say, the floorboards are solid!

Sponsored Links
Personally, I fit shower trays on a 12mm ply board (screwed as per overboarding) to ensure that the load is evenly distributed over all the floorboards under it. Then a bead of silicone and plonk the tray on that.
Not sure about your brickwork analogy dex - surely you're not saying that a brick/brick combination and a shower tray/floorboards combination are even remotely comparable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back