Sime Halstead problems..please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

we have a SIME HALSTEAD boiler, and up untill now it has been great..but of course it is now Winter so it is playing up. I know nothing about boilers so I will tell you what is happening.
Basically the boiler keeps going out...for no reason. We will have a night of warm central heating then wake up in the mornign to find it is cold in the flat and the boiler has gone out and thus also no hot water. Taking it off timer does not seem to work and to get it to reignite takes us switching the boiler off and on. Mostly it doesn\\\'t reignite, but sometimes it does..and you can here the pilot light trying to light.
Once it is going then it provides heat and almost instant hot water. Thing is as soon as you stop using the hot water, and leave the central heating on..it will eventually go out...and you go back to check the boiler and it is cold again.
The pressure is very low also.
There seems to be no manual switch to relight it either. Also the thermastate on the wall is now useless.
Anyone know why? and how to remedy it?
Most grafull for any advice.

Sponsored Links
how do you top the pressure up.

Sorry typing is useless...about as bad as my plumbing skills...

look for a silver braided pipe near the boiler thats the filling loop if its not near the boiler look for two silver valves on the pipework

then post back :)

Sponsored Links
hey..

found two pipes with what I think are silver valves..
on is marked CH flow...and one is marked CH return.

well in that case I can't find anything that resembles a braided pipe...
better leave it guess...don't want to make it worse.
thanks for your help...
I'll call someone out soon. :LOL:

ok cool...in the cupboard under the boiler there is a silver braided pipe linking two taps...

what now?
:confused:

thanks by the way...

just two white taps that are attached to each other via a silver pipe...
The right hand tap has what looks like a screw valve under it...otherwise it is exactly the same as the other tap.

will try, but the heating seems to have come on now...so will wait till it goes cold again and the pressure drops...
thanks very much for all your help.
do you really live in Afganistan??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back