What is causing TV interference?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last month my Mum has been getting TV interference, mainly during the first 10 minutes she has the TV on. It is a slightly fuzzy line about 10cm wide - you can still see what's going on reasonably clearly. The TV is less than a year old. We have tried re-tuning it and have checked that none of the local transmitters have gone Digital. I have noticed that if you wobble the aerial around in the wall socket or push the plug tighter into it's socket, then this interference also appears then. Anyone any ideas what's causing it?

Sponsored Links
Is this a vertical line or a horizontal line?
Can you post a picture. That would be easy to diagnose ...

I have noticed that if you wobble the aerial around in the wall socket or push the plug tighter into it's socket, then this interference also appears then.
In that case surely rewiring the plug would be the first think to try?

Sponsored Links
Pull the aerial out, turn a DVD player on & turn the telly on.

If the line is still there then its the TV & not likely interference.

If this
pic5.jpg
is what you are looking at read here

are there power lines near your area? i usually have those interference because i live near a power line

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back