Soil Waste into Cast Iron Stack.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well the subject says it all.
Ok, ok, what I'm doing is installing a toilet in a cubboard in our bedroom.
So from the pan a WC bend connector is fitted, then short pipe through wall, access bend outside then pipe about 2 meters to cast stack which is 100mm O/D.
Now I'm going to be working a floor up and the stack is another floor and a half above this.
Heavy cast Iron is not my game so don't want to think about hitting it with a heavy hammer up that height and letting it smash onto my brick runway.
Now a connector branch is required here, cast Iron stack to plastic waste after a section of the stack is cut out with my trusty angle grinder.
Ok someone out there has got the answer and partly I have too.
The guy next door did the same job, well I thought he did but he actually got a contractor in to do it and has no idea where he got this special branch.
Now the branch looks like cast iron with rubber seal clamps at each opening.
Anyone got the answer or an alternative.
Gordon..

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

One solution, is to replace the whole stack in plastic. If you feel that the height is unsafe, go to HSS or Lord hire centres for a cherry picker or some scaffolding....

Sponsored Links
Yes guys after appling this thread I searched your old threads and came up with Pipeline supplier, Timesaver branch, Simon, Saint Gobain and Ensign or Timesaver. Well up till now I have not found a supplier on Internet, only words as I have said.
Timesaver made by Simon,Saint Gobain seems to be a secret branch for only the trade me thinks !!!!
Still looking ????

St. Gobain is the Patron saint of Plumbers . Depicted in a flat cap holding a pair of 4 inch bobbins ( used when bending lead soil pipe ) Not unlike Fred Dibnah to look @. Aye.

Yea Nige F you got something there.
Found somewhere on net stockists of St Gobain and lo and behold it came up with "Graham" a plumbers menchant thats internation in Scotland, prob England too. They have a merchant not far from where I stay.
Managed to get onto St Gobain's site after filling in their questionair and got their Timesaver catalogue.
Preparing for the price for the branch but should definately be cheaper than dropping the cast stack.
Removing the cast roan gutterings and replacing with plastic was bad enough from up a ladder.
Thanks lads & lasses.

Got the part from Graham today. They stock parts and sell quite a few.
£76 all in inclusive of vat. Got picture but its on my phone at mo.
Well cheaper than dropping that stack....
Gordy..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back