ADT Alarm Model 605

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This alarm is continually beeping on the panel, could this be the battery? how can I can cancel this? this was in the house when we moved in, I don't have the enginer's code, how can the alarm be reset to default?

Are the engineer's and user manuals available for download?

So many questions, so little time!

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this - we have the same model and the rechargeable battery just needed renewing to stop the beeping but now we need an engineer reset which I'm sure is just a code - did you get one - anyone out there know what this is.

ADT want to charge £120 to come out and reset it which is just ridiculous.

Thanks
A

the best thing to do on this (if you are not under any contract with ADT) is to obtain a quote from a local SSAIB or NSI company to come over and take the system over.
thats of you dont want to pay ADT`s high charge

we as a rule will not give out engineering codes as, to be honest, we dont know who you are, (and yes i have given out reset codes before, but not anymore0

where exactly are you ?

Hi

Trying that too - but charges are still pretty steep - so far £80 plus vat just for a call out...
We are in Islington in London - we're not in any great rush. Might you be able to help at all?

Thanks so much for responding.

Amanda

Sponsored Links
True sounds about right.
Taking into account getting there, trying to park.
Assuming there is nothing wrong and a soft reset can be done.
It must have been on ploice responce at some time so a few bits more in the programming , not a lot but has to be done.

So in reality £80 for 3 hours of someones time in total is not too shabby.

again £80.00 aint to bad
if we were to come over to yours we would charge the same.
we work in and around london on a weekly basis, so that is not a bad price.

you also have to remember the engineer will most probably do a soft start to the system and also should check all connections etc, battery bell box (if fitted)

so for that price it isnt to bad.

Hi

I agree that 3 hours of an engineers time is not too steep at £80 plus vat but it shouldn't be like this.

ADT have their customers over a barrell. I inherited this alarm which was £400 to put in and then stupidly paid for a contracted service for 2 years (at least £30 a month) (another £700!) until I wised up and realised I didn't need monitoring and stopped the contract. All that's happened now is that the battery has run down, which we've replaced and I don't think we should have to pay nearly £100 just to reset it. I'm sure it's a case of just pressing a few buttons (a few minutes of our time rather than 3 hours of an engineers time). Reset information should be supplied by the original fitters - as this seems just a very cynical way of continuing to get money out of people who have already paid for the alarm.

In the end we will probably have no choice and have to get someone to reset it as this is how these alarms have been created but I don't want to pay that much.

A

i am sorry but thats the way it works for all monitored installtions.
we do not, and never have done had a monitored system on user reset, remote reset yes, but never user reset.

its is unfortuently for you, and others that have a system fitted and then decide that you don't or do not need this facility, then complain about the charges.

we as an organisation have to work to a set set of regulations in regard to what we fit and how we fit it.

you will have to contact your original provider or another company to rectify what you have done, because you decided to change the battery, you caused a TAMPER fault (which is engineer reset only), if you had posted on the site earlier we would have informed you not to open the box!

sorry but you are stuck with it, or you can completely remove the system and fit another one of your choice, but that is up to you.

some thing to think on as well;

your washing machine goes faulty,
you call a repair man out to it,
he fixes it, gives you a bill,
you say its never gone wrong in the years you have owned it
do you pay the bill or what?

its the same for us in this industry

we go to calls and find the client has tampered with the system, we fix it and invoice them
they pay
simple

its not down to the industry, so please don't blame us, if you realised what we have to do to just fit a system (paperwork wise) it would scare you,
and the constant updating of our skills, who do you think pays for it?
you the client

goodness so much vitriol

it IS a forum called DIY - and it's not clear that you are an engineer touting for work...

I found another forum with a friendly chap who explained on the phone what to do - and as I said it was a case of pressing a few buttons and it's all done

like I said money for old rope

goodness so much vitriol

it IS a forum called DIY - and it's not clear that you are an engineer touting for work...

I found another forum with a friendly chap who explained on the phone what to do - and as I said it was a case of pressing a few buttons and it's all done

like I said money for old rope
.... and if he is an ADT guy and is caught doing that, bye bye job.

Ahh well when you rely on the system one day and it fails to perform, tough.

ADT are a multi national company owned by an even bigger company hence their charges. The little fish in the pond tend to charge a bit less. As you have found out.

What do you do for a living?
Bet we could do your job better than you could do ours.
You have seen one tiny aspect of it. Which was done according to regulations laid down by the Police.

Bye, as I doubt you`ll even read this.

.... and if he is an ADT guy and is caught doing that, bye bye job.

INDEED

then you should know a bit better.

yes i am an engineer also i am the company managing director!

if any of my staff every consider, or even do reset a system without the correct authorisation and or documentation, they are sacked,

its in our terms and conditions of employment,

no private jobs
no resets for cash from customers
the list is longer

say as has been said, ADT guy gives out reset code, gets caught, no job.

and if i remember rightly, the systems are all linked via RESOLVE to ADT ARC.
so they know when the system is open or closed, tamper, intruder etc

good luck, i do hope you get it sorted but i don't have to tout for work, as you put it, we are flat out all year round,
a little job like yours would be handled the same way as any other enquiry for assistance.
logged and actioned, if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back