Anyone here working for/with Homecallplus?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a Registered Plumber and GasSafe Installer I guess I would qualify for one or both of the trades they claim to be seeking. But, is this a Scam type of message?

I quote the email I got today (I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!)

"Hello - I hope you're well,

I work for a Home Emergency Insurance company and we are currently expanding quicker than expected!

We are looking for contractors to join our network -

We are looking for contractors in the below:
> Gas
> Plumbing
> Electrics
> Roofing
> Glaziers
> Locksmiths
> Pest control

If you know of any contractors in this sector please feel free to forward this email.

Please take time to have a look a our website and view the application (rates page - this is depending on area, qualifications and experience - please forward us your rates as set out like the one in the application)

Please be aware its FREE to join and when we have work in your area, should be successful in joining Homecall+, we will call you to deploy jobs to you, if you are unable to take on a particular job please let us know, this will not affect us passing future jobs on to you.
Regards"

DH

Sponsored Links
The email lacks quality in many areas and this alone would make me worried:

>>We are looking for contractors in the below

>> Please be aware its

>> when we have work in your area, should be successful in joining Homecall+, we will call you to deploy jobs to you, if you

Very poor grammar and punctuation throughout. An organisation that cannot get the simple stuff right will likely have quality problems elsewhere.

sent my CV to a job vacancy off the jobcenter website the other day and was immediately bounced back a reply that said I had been accepted..

it was something similar..

the reply said I had 2 options..
employment with them for £260 a week, they dictated the jobs and I had to go, but got a company vehicle and holidays etc, or self employed for £500-£600 a week, I could pick and choose my jobs but had to sign up to a scheme for £35 / month.. ( with no guaruntee of work )...

yeah right..

Sorry to Mods, should have followed the rules....

To the other respondees, Hmmmm, I did wonder, and I'm not that short of work for the rest of the month.

I'll hold back.

DH

Sponsored Links
Bang on the money Coldspoon.
Although ,your own punctuation, needs sharpening up..
I always look at commas, as a breather.But not a full stop.

yeh, I know I writ coldspoon.

Bang on the money Coldspoon.
Although ,your own punctuation, needs sharpening up..
I always look at commas, as a breather.But not a full stop.

yeh, I know I writ coldspoon.

Hi Wilhelm.

I am not creating an advertisement for my company when posting and, because of this, do not check my own punctuation with vigour. This aside I am interested to know what is wrong with the punctuation in my post.

Commas should not be used as a "pause" or as an indicator that the reader should take a breath. There are four uses of the comma:

Listing comma
The Three Musketeers were Athos, Porthos and Aramis.

Joining comma (must be followed by and, or, but, while or yet).
You must hand in your essay by Friday, or you will receive a zero.

Gapping comma
Some wanted to play football; others, baseball.

In the above example the comma shows that something is missing - in this case "wanted to play" is missing (others wanted to play baseball).

Bracketing comma
These findings, we would suggest, are correct.

In the above example the words "we would suggest" are an aside. The sentence still works if they are omitted.

Regarding your own words I believe that you should have written:

Bang on the money Coldspoon, although your own punctuation needs sharpening up (I suggest that the "up" is not required).

I always look at commas as a breather.

Now the semi colon...

sleeping10.gif
sleeping10.gif
sleeping10.gif

A company I used to work for were signed up to a similar sort of scheme in the AV industry.

It worked on fixed price jobs, priced by them.

The second job that was offered was £200 which included providing a bracket at £120 and the cabling/socket plate kit at £30.

Yer right

Don't know if a comparison can be made.

I have done a few jobs for these in the Bristol area and if it's the same company from Blackburn then they seem to be ok; they only tend to pay after 30 days and I have had to remind them a couple of times; but on the whole they seem to be alright but I haven't had that much work from.
Mainly cp12 and service/repairs.
John.

Sponsored Links
Back