Can I replace a Single Rad with 2 series?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently doing the bathroom & looking to replace a single radiator (600x700mm) with 2 x 500mm wide Towel Radiators.

I've also match them up for their heat output.

They will be right next to each other literally a few cm apart, so I thought we could connect them in serial.

Is that possible?

or do I have to bring plumb it in separately due to the pressure drop or something?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you put them in series, i.e join them together in the middle, you wouldnt be able to turn them on and off independently. if you turn one rad valve off you will be stopping the flow of water to both.

plumb them in, in series

so that you have 1 trv and 1 lockshield, trv will control output from

your supersized towel warmer!!!

yes you can plumb in series, but as other post say you won't be able to control them seperately better to tee the supplies and have lockshield valves on all 4 entries
personally i don't fit trvs in bathrooms as the minute you run a bath the trv will start to close off the heat just when your naked in the room and want the heat!

Sponsored Links
yes you can plumb in series, but as other post say you won't be able to control them seperately better to tee the supplies and have lockshield valves on all 4 entries
personally i don't fit trvs in bathrooms as the minute you run a bath the trv will start to close off the heat just when your naked in the room and want the heat!

I can understand why you say that, but I want the room to get hot as quickly as possible, which would mean trv.

TRV does not speed up the heating effect.

It just turns off the radiator when a specific temperature is reached - hence Kevingas' comment.

The SIZE of the radiator and the pipes to it govern how quickly the room warms up.

TRV does not speed up the heating effect.

It just turns off the radiator when a specific temperature is reached - hence Kevingas' comment.

The SIZE of the radiator and the pipes to it govern how quickly the room warms up.

Off course it speeds up the heating. Its fully open until it reaches temp, a lockshield is only partial open, so therfore trv must be quicker.

Thats why I have 2 rads in one room both fitted with trv, it takes time to get it right, but it is quicker.

Think of a toilet system filling, it the valve remained fully open till full, it would fill quicker than if it were being gently closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back