Sabre Se models

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can help with a problem on the Sabre combination boiler.

Firstly i have downloaded the HE model maunal and my heater is nothing like the internal of that so i can only think it the SE model and i can't find a manual..... So if anyone can help with a link i would appreciate it.

Secondly the main problem HOT WATEr varying one minute its too hot then the next freeezing cold. When by the boiler the heater just keeps cutting out and then firing back up.

Can any one offer any advice as i have have the front cover off and there are no leeks and the flue is not blocked!!!

I have read several links on here pointing to several issues but without the manual or link to it i am having no luck.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction as i have no instructions and there is no model number or id's on the heater

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Look up the manual for a Vokera Compact 24 (or 28) it is an identical boiler to your Sabre other than the badge on the fron.

The problem you have could be a number of things but the Thermistors are particually problematic on this boiler and can give the fault sysmptons you describe.

Hope that helps!

things to check are

flow restrictor-piece of plastic that can be discarded

thermistor

ignition board

second bingo bongo

also max gas pressure and min gas pressure (but that`s a job for your RGI)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply

I removed the heat exhanger last night to see if it was blocked and all it good and clean.

I noticed the plastic flow resrtictor in the end of the heat exhanger - how or why are these problematic??? and what effects will it have if i remove it completely

Since removing the heat exchanger and refitting i have noticed that the water now is not going completly cold ... but there is still an amount of temperature change

When i get back later i will remove the restrictor and see if there any change

Is there any way of testing the thermistors or is it better to just replace them as they are only about £10 and the boiler is over 4 years old

Thanks again everyone for you advice i appreciate it .... any more would be greatly appreciated

if you can work a multimeter check the resistance across the pins of the thermistor

the quickest way to check though is buy 1 and just plug it straight in without actually fitting it.

give it a quick test and if its faulty then change it

Taken the advice and ordered a switch £5 will be here monday

I will let you know how i get on

Thanks for the advice

Thermister was the issue

Part number vokera 8484

Bought one from BES ltd in birmingham Part Number 17188

Now we have constant hot water ...... at long last

thanks for all your advice i really appreciate it

Hiya back again

Heater playing up again !!!!!

I keep replacing these switches like there going out of fashion!!!

Now it has packed up again !!!!!

any ideas as it will not run eitgher hot water or hotwater/heating

It ignites for a few seconds and then goes red flashing

Occassionalyy reset it and it work but not very often.

The restrictor (blue) what does that do???

does anyone have an other ideas as i have replace 8 switches in the past 3 months of this year so far?????????

I will tomorrow when i get the some more thermisters.... but i no as soon as i change it it will work again for a couple of weeks and then pack up as this is all it has done over the last month or so

So i no if i change it that both teh heating and water work but for how long ?????

hope someone can help with the long term issue with why it keep failing the sensors or the sensors fail ??????

many thanks in advance

All could this issue be anytihng to do with the venturi being blocked??

If so can i clean it out ??? with what and how ????

any thanks as mrs is driving me mad to buy a new one ???

ok quick update - stripped the boiler down last night had all the covers off

Blow out the matrix - no blockages

Hoovered - it all out - bit of dust nothing to much

Removed the fan - cleaned out all the bits - no blockages no residue - only issue was on top on the heater is a little black cap (says air one side fumes the other) there was a little bit of something on there cleaned that off

Drained the whole system - very clean not issues

Refilled the system - built heater back up

Heater no working fine - but it always does when i change the sensors - i will keep you all informed if i again have any problems

All - Problem back again

This time if you turn off the boiler (at the minas ) then back on again it works a couple of times then goes red light

I have ordered antoher sensor - AGAIN - no it is costing me £10 a month on sensors - by this rate i could have a new boiler in 3 years !!!!!

Can someone tell me what reading i should have on the secondary sensors ( as i have checked old ones and they appear to work ) checking resistance but i require the actual figures.

As I no if i again replace this 8484 sensors again the heater will work no issues at all for about a month then fail again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!! this is driving me mad

Or can anyone else offer anymore advice on what the issue is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back