Removing/reattaching Perkomatic door closer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to remove it from a fire door in order to rehinge the door. |It's a double chain type and I suspect there's a trick to removing it and reattaching it as the force it generates is massive.

Does anyone know how I should do this please?

Sponsored Links
New Perkos come with a small metal plate with a slot in it. You open the door and slide the metal plate onto the chain. When you then close the door the chain sticks open and becomes loose, which allows you to unscrew the back plate. If you haven't got a plate, or can't get one, you will need to find something that will do the same job.

you can use a claw hammer as a lever. It is much easier before you remove the closer from the door.

while it is still in the frame, you can push a carpet tack through the links of the chain which will stop it being pulled back in. Open the door as wide as you can to fully extend the chain first.

the little bit of metal you get with a new one is tremendously useful, it is a shame people lose them. I suppose you could contact the manufacturer and see if they will send you one. I'm not parting with mine!

Sponsored Links
yep as said you need the perco clip,or you could use some mole grips,be careful percos can bite and it bloody hurts when they do. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back