Potterton F not performing after a 3 port change over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have today changed my 3 port valve on this system and followed the rules for draining down and up etc.

The valve I changed was to replace a landis and gyr obsolete model with the hortsmann from screwfix.com

Anyway replacing wire for wire (except earth as this new one is double insulated and does not require it), I fire up the system to find after fill tanks that the motrised pump is whirring around the water but the boiler is not responding to thermostat demand etc. It has not fired since draining down.

Note I waited for the tanks to fill. Bleeded all the radiators twice. And have cold water from both hot and cold taps all over the house.
I know the 3 port valve responds and sometime it changes over to ports A & B when I fiddle with the other gate valves in the airing cupoard.

No boiler flame from my trustie potterton F (I do not have a pressure gauge as I don’t think I need one on this type of system).

Any ideas to get my flame going?

Sponsored Links
IN addition to my previous post I have now checked the wiring and took before and after piccys and just unscrewed and screw the wires back intot he terminal blocks... same symptom, motor running not spark at boiler (note the terminal block I touched was connecting the cyclinder stat, motor and 3 port valve. BEFORE AND AFTER WIRING PICCYS below
DSCF1247.JPG

DSCF1258.JPG

PREVIOUS POST:
I have today change my 3 port valve on this system and followed the rules for draining down and up etc.

The valve I changed was to replace a landis and gyr obsolete model with the hortsmann from screwfix.com

Anyway replacing wire for wire (except earth as this new one is double insulated and does not require it), I fire up the system to find after fill tanks that the motrised pump is whirring around the water but the boiler is not responding to thermostat demand etc. It has not fired since draining down.

Note I waited for the tanks to fill. Bleeded all the radiators twice. And have cold water from both hot and cold taps all over the house.

No boiler flame from my trustie potterton F (I do not have a pressure gauge as I don’t think I need one on this type of system).

Sponsored Links
:D Hey all is working, I put this picture and explanation here for all to see for a few weeks.
Sneakly there was a button underneath the boiler which I pushed like a child puts bananas into VCRs. And hey presto - BLUE FLAME in Window. To help indentify what this looks like on a Potterton F see below.
DSCF1260.JPG

:D

Thanks for all your help and keep up the good forum.

Ravi

mod sorry no advertising

Potterton "F"? :confused: I think it's a Profile or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back