Picture quiz

Sponsored Links
cracked, broken and dirty tiles

open bottles of chemicals

wonky support on sink

coat hooks too close to shower area and sink (could get splashed)

glass mirror not fixed to wall

The mirror needs to be above the sink.

And hasn't somebody nicked the taps?

Sponsored Links
What is the difference between a shower and a sink retracting & flexible hand spray mixer taps? This
modena_7.jpeg
is not a shower neither is this
Salon-Hair-Washing-Sink.jpg
but at some point one must make the distinction between a shower and a hair dressing aid.

I suppose so long as you use medicated shampoo there are exempt! As 701 does not cover bath or shower for medical treatment.

But really all one can use is common sense and even though with no taps on the sink the shower is obviously intended as a hair dressing aid I would want to see rest of the room and see if it was likely anyone would use the room bare footed and if it was likely to be used by people not wearing shoes I would class it the same as a shower for domestic use.

it's not a shower without a proper shower floor drain..

that socket can be there if it's not intened to be used as a shower area.. as said it could just be for the washing of hair in the sink.. at no point would the person using it ( or that it's being uses on ) be naked soaking wet...

it's suitably IP rated anyway..

All of the above, plus if this is in a hospital or clinic it's a germ trap.

Bonding?

Masterseal socket in bathroom may or may not be rcd protected, No Saddles in the conduit or pipe or whatever feeds it, Does not look like an apprroved mk termination into the socket and would be better if it had entered from below for water ingress protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back