Ariston microGenus 27MFFI no hot water Intermitent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've spent a good few hours looking through the topics and replies due to the problems i am having with the subject problem.

The boiler is approx 6 years old

Basically, the boiler keeps cutting out when any hot tap is running. This is getting progreesively worse. I use to be able to turn the boiler on and off and then i could run a bath, fill a sink etc.

After advice given to people with similar problems, i removed the secondary heat exchanger, this was very clean, but i still gave it a good blast with the jet washer.

I put back together and it worked fine. I ran a bath, still ok. Came to run a sink full for the pots a few hours later, and the problem reoccured. I then turned the heating on and tried to run the tap again, this time it was hot.

Can anybody please give me some much appreciated advice as to where i could next look at solving this problem.

Don't know if this is anything to do with it, but sometimes especially in winter the 2 red LED's are lit in hte morning when i go to investiagte why the heating hasn't come on at the pre programmed time.

Kind Regards

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an overheat problem, usually caused by a soiled system. These boilers are quite sensitive to that. Alternatively, could be a dodgy pump

The PCBs on that model are not very reliable either!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies,

I have been on the phone to MTS and explained the problem, the guy said if the fan stops or slows down it is a temperature or circulation problem, if the fan keeps running it's the air pressure switch. I checked and the fan slows down and stops, so i'm going to look at the temprature sensor. Is this also called the thermistor. i cant find thermistor on the drawing only temperature probe. Are these the same thing.

Anybody any other ideas, or who are local to the Chester / North Wales area.

Anthony

The sensor, NTC or temperature probe or anything else you decode to call it might be faulty but its probably more likely to be as a result of dirt in the boiler.

I would identify if that was the cause by monitoring the temperatures within the boiler.

Tony

i think that the minimum burner pressure setting on the gas valve needs resetting.common fault on these boilers.
as we all know do not attempt to do this yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back