fault in valliant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my valliant eco max combi boiler kept dropping pressure hence no hot water then after a while it just went bang and burst a pipe any ideas why

Sponsored Links
The rubber hoses on Vaillants can be a problem after 3-4 yrs.

They modified the spec a few years back, and very recently changed the design to eradicate them altogether.

You need a new hose and whatever else it damaged while leaking.

Sponsored Links
its not something i have witnessed first hand but i know that some of the other chaps on here have come across this situation before
i think that from memory its was either a manufacturing fault or down to poor water quality
im sure mickyg or gas4u can help you further

What is the official Vaillant position on this fault?

Do they ever accept any responsibility for the replacement and any damage the water does when its out of warrantee?

Its so commonplace I would have thought that its "not fit for the purpose".

Tony

It depends on the relationship between the installer and the manufacturer, and the warranty period offered with the boiler. In our case, we proactively report problems to our rep for further action.

I don't think there is any boiler or product out there wiithout a weakness of some kind. Otherwise we would all be out of a job.

Personally I think the German designed Vaillants are very good but the UK arm of the company needs a kick up the jacksy sharpish.

If you want their official take on it I suggest you will have to ask them, I don't think they have a press officer on this forum.

Whilst some would say that they have been unlucky, they do seem to have had an extraordinary bout of bad luck!

824s with sticky diverter valves on nearly every boiler and also many failing APSs.

Ecotecs with failing combustion seals.

937s with some kind of problem ( which I have as yet not seen clearly explained technically).

Tony

Luckily, touch wood, of the many Ecotecs I have fitted I have yet to have a hose burst.

I didn't realise it was associated with the Ecomax as well though :confused:

Because of the crap service from Vaillant as a company, their useless reps, their arrogant attitude and especially the numpties who work for group service who couldn't fix a boiler if the fault jumped up and bit them in the backside, I won't be specifying Vaillant anymore.

Shame really as they are usually a very good boiler.

Its very rare I've come across a burst hose with good water quality. Usually system has got high magnetite content or high tds reading or both.

Not yet, but I am thinking of going with them when I do my commercial heating ticket, hopefully soon.

Had the rep give me the once over on them and I was quite impressed by their simplicity.

The only problem I have with them is their association with Worcester :mad: , but thats more of a personal thing ;)

Did you not get the safety notice about them through the post today.

Yes. It amazed me that gas safe could have got themselves together enough to send it to us all :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back