Accredited / Approved trade schemes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope i have the right topic title here...

I was wondering, how many of the trades have accredited and or approved schemes that trade people can sign up to as such thus to certify their work / show customers that they work to a decent standard - basically assuring people that they arent 'cowboys'

for example...to the best of my know how...

Electricians - NICEIC / NAPIT
Plumbers - CORGI?
ALARM/CCTV -NACOSS?
AV engineers - ?
Joiners - ?
Kitchen fitters - ?

and so on and so forth....

Anyone shed some light onto it for me or direct me to a website where i can find such info.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What is your trade sounds like Gas from your title.

Most wet plumbers are not Gas Safe which is the new Corgi they tend to join the CIPHE chartered institute of plumbing and heating engineering.

Pete

Sponsored Links
to clarify...im not looking to join one. im just wanting to know what specifc trade answers to which governing body as such...

as per woodyoulike....who posted their trade and their appropriate governing body.

thanks

make that trade and appropriate training body (we govern ourselves though, thank you ;))

Have a look at the TrustMark Scheme. You register via a "scheme operator", e.g FENSA, HVCA, NFRC.

The advantage, to the customer, is that the companies have to meet higher standards than those of the scheme operators; see Key Benefits/Government Standards and Warrany Protection.

Have a look at the TrustMark Scheme. You register via a "scheme operator", e.g FENSA, HVCA, NFRC.

The advantage, to the customer, is that the companies have to meet higher standards than those of the scheme operators; see Key Benefits/Government Standards and Warrany Protection.
and the disadvantage to the installer is you pay, they do naff all!

and the disadvantage to the installer is you pay, they do naff all!

kevindgas said:
they sit on the fence bleating on about how wonderful they are, whilst not actually doing anything constructive.
What do you think they should be doing?

1 when the competent person scheme was first thought of they should have opposed it or offered a competative price!
2 when corgi got the elbow nobody stepped in with a complete cps so now we have to pay double last years costs

these are examples of CIPHE sitting on there Ars*s doing nothing constructive.

1 when the competent person scheme was first thought of they should have opposed it or offered a competative price!
2 when corgi got the elbow nobody stepped in with a complete cps so now we have to pay double last years costs

So you see them as being there purely for the benefit of their members? What about the benefits they could give to the members' customers?

So you see them as being there purely for the benefit of their members? What about the benefits they could give to the members' customers?

actually no! they should be supporting us so that we in turn can help the customer without having to charge the earth to pay for ridiculous schemes that consequative governments dream up.

Sponsored Links
Back