Matching guttering sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone could help with the sizing of guttering please? I'm aware they isn't a standard size and that they aren't intechangable but wondered when you see 68 mm ,114mm etc., where they are measured from? Do you include the thickness of the material or is it the internal measurement? Sods law, the local merchant only stocks one brand that's a different size. I can't see a logo on the parts that are accessable otherwise I'd have tried surfing to find the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Half round should be compatible between manufacturers, its the square that usually differs. Looks like you've got the excaption to the rule, which from memory I think is Terrain....

Lots of the older makes used to be minutely different sizes and wouldn't clip together properly. In desperation I once glued a section of new gutter to old to make an adapter and it worked very well. If you put the join next to a clip it won't even show. The glue to use is PVC waste pipe cement.

Sponsored Links
Lots of the older makes used to be minutely different sizes and wouldn't clip together properly. In desperation I once glued a section of new gutter to old to make an adapter and it worked very well. If you put the join next to a clip it won't even show. The glue to use is PVC waste pipe cement.

i remember doing a temp job on some plastic gutter as we couldn't get the exact stuff, basically drilled through both gutters and joined with an M6 gutter nut and bolt (used on the old CI gutter), sealed with silicone then tightened up the bolt seemed to work ok :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back