Fitting Velux to cement sheet roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am thinking of fitting a Velux to my house in France but all of the info I can find on DIY fitting refers to a standard roof with felt and battens. My roof is cement board covered (badly!) by tiles (picture below).

I have found a couple of threads about the dangers of asbestos etc (wise words - and I will get a builder to confirm if mine is or not before I attempt it) but there is not a great deal of info on the fitting process itself.
Other than expecting to have to construct some form of frame for it to sit in, I would like a bit more info if possible.

Has anyone done it and maybe have some photos you would not mind sharing?

Many thanks, Oscar

Sponsored Links
they aren`t bad...they are Rustique...sorry no idea , other than to suggest an extra amount of flashing may be required :?: . eMail Velux direct. ;)

They are under and overs tiles (in english anyway) common in Vendee region it's not done badly just needs maintainance..
A velux can be fitted the same as any other roof using an edw flashing or varient of.
All the info is on velux site for download.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back