Potterton Promax intermittently fails to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Potterton Promax fails to start from timer intermittently. We have to press the reset button and then it seems ok. We have noticed a pool of water keeps appearing under the system and assume it is connected.

Any advice would be greatly received! Many thanks

Sponsored Links
does it cut out after running for a while as well?
possibly blocked condense pipe/trap.

This seems to be a common problem with that model.

If its not connected with the condensate or the seals then its likely to be the PCB or the gas valve. Both expensive parts!

If its not a simple solution then a fixed price repair from Potty or BG may be the best option.

Tony

thanks so much for your feedback!

i just spoke to the original fitter and he checked the condensate and the seals last time. he said yes, it might be the PCB. he is going to come back and i'll get a quote before he changes anything.

i guess if i pay potty or BG it might be more expensive they will keep trying new parts until it works and there might be a guarantee, so less risk.

it is only 18 months old and potty already came out once to fix the loud bang each time it fired up (at least that was under gaurantee) with a new lead.

thanks again!

Sponsored Links
The ignition lead was a known problem and has been modified.

The problem is that the PCB costs an independent almost as much as the BG fixed price repair.

I was called to one which would always fire the first time every day but worked 100% after that.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back