problem flushing toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

i am having difficulty flushing the toilet, it is flushing but is a very short flush and doesn't always flush everything away (which isn't very nice to look at, believe me)!!!. i have had the glorious job of getting down on my hands and knees and had my hand down the toilet to see if there were any blockages, and there aren't.... any suggestions greatly appreciated.

:( :!: :confused: :cry:

Sponsored Links
What type of toilet have you got?
If its a low level one (has an L shaped pipe connecting cistern to pan) theses can scale up in the pan inlet.

Lift the cistern lid off and see that its nice and full of water - often there is a line marked on the ceramic where it should be. The fill valve will be adjustable so that you can raise the water level if necessary.

Sponsored Links
probably the diaphragm is punctured under the syphon so it doesn't lift enough water for a good flush, requires the cistern off to check tho

All this advice!

An email advising her of each one of our replies !

Yet the OP has said nothing more!

I doubt that she really wants our help!

Tony

Er... lads... I'm an ambulance driver and I've just been called out to help free a lady with her arm stuck down a U bend. Does any of you know anything about this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back