Vaillant VCW GB 221H no DHW boiler fires but goes out after

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is already covered, i've searched but no joy.

The boiler is Vaillant combi-compact VCW GB 221H and G.C# is 47 044 14

CH works fine
Diverter switches when the hot tap is switched on
Boiler fires for 10 seconds then flames go out but ignition stays lit.

Can anyone shed any light on this and if they have a manual please send me a link or a file, thanks, paul

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Thats sounds odd and might indicate a PCB fault.

Thats unusual on your model though!

Tony

Ive read there is some kind of timed shut off. I would have thought it was waiting for a fan to start and then it would kick in full but there doesn't seem to be a fan, I don't have any documents so can't look in there. Do you know if it could be some kind of pressure switch?

It doesn't seem to fire up really powerfully for either CH or DHW but the tails for the CH do get hot.

UPDATE : the burner is going out because the overheat switch is tripping, if I leave the water running the burner re-lights once the cold water flow has cooled the boiler a little, it then runs for maybe 10 seconds and then trips again. I was told it could be a blocked heat exchanger, the one at the top. I took it off and it seemed blocked but I flushed it through with de-scaler and it now seems clear. The boiler works a bit better now, I get hot water if I make the flow slow but the boiler still trips every 10-20 seconds. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back