Adding an additional radiator to a combi CH loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I want to add a radiator to our existing Central Heating. I have replaced a radiator before and feel reasonably confident about doing the job provided I have done the research. Anyway I have locate 2 x 22 mm pipe near to the place I want to put the rad and have identified the supply and return. I got the followind questions

- When I tee off to connect up the new rad do I cut into both the original 22mm supply and return pipes. Or is it possible to cut into the supply 22mm pipe twice i.e so that new rad return flows back into the supply pipe (I suspect not)

- What is the best pipe cutter to use for tight spaces? Or can anyone give me a tip on how to de-solder existing joints (they are new as the CHS was only fitted 2yrs ago)

- When choosing a rad and the fittings for a direct system is there particular fittings I should use? (I read something earlier about TVR)

Any advice appreciated and please point me to any resources if this already written somewhere

thanks

Sponsored Links
When I tee off to connect up the new rad do I cut into both the original 22mm supply and return pipes. Or is it possible to cut into the supply 22mm pipe twice i.e so that new rad return flows back into the supply pipe (I suspect not)
you cut into both

- What is the best pipe cutter to use for tight spaces? Or can anyone give me a tip on how to de-solder existing joints (they are new as the CHS was only fitted 2yrs ago)

monument pipeslice de solder fittings by heating them and pull apart

When choosing a rad and the fittings for a direct system is there particular fittings I should use? (I read something earlier about TVR)

TRV thermostatic radiator valve building regs etc a tvr is a car ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back