uPVC door handle problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio door handle has suddenly stopped closing properly. When I looked more closely, I found that the latch has gone all soft - you can push it in with a finger and there's no resistance. When I lift the handle to lock the door, the latch is pushed back out, but it can be pushed back in again just as easily, even whilst the locks are engaged.

I was going to take the handle apart and have a look, but I thought I'd ask on here first in the hope this is a common problem and get some advice :)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
OK, I have now sourced a new latch mechanism, but am going to have to alter the frame as the locking parts will be in slightly different places. I'm just wondering what's the best tool to use to cut into the UPVC frame? The holes that are there look like they've been hacked into the frame - they're not exactly neat. I can't see that a chisel would work very well... or would it?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back