gloss vinyl wrap chipboard v gloss lacquer MDF kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which is best please?
gloss vinyl wrap chipboard v gloss lacquer MDF kitchen doors???

Sponsored Links
I would personally go for MDF, it seems less susceptible to damp than chipboard.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
an educated guess the laquer would be more durable, more resistant to scratches, and if a chip gets knocked off, more resistant to water/dirt getting behind it than the vinyl.
surely depends on what style you want as well??

Oddly for the doors I want, the prices are almost the same. The lacquer being only slightly dearer.

They are both gloss white and look much the same too.

If you don't mind me asking, where are they from? I'm in the research stages of my kitchen planning :)

The doors I like seem to be available all over the net. The website http://www.kitchencollection.co.uk has them and seems nice - does anyone have experience of them? The doors are Fresco or Avant or Nuvolo.

PS
B&Q have online planning software which is quite easy.

Foxhole, the chipboard doors are labelled MFC (melamine faced chipboard)

I may have added this question to the wrong section. I will pose it again on the carpentry section.

Hi
Been in kitchen manufacturing business 30 years & the difference is this!
The PVC faced product is the cheapest way to manufacture a shiny gloss door in white, cream, red or black being the usual colours.
The painted & lacquered option is the better door as its usually thicker, more scratch resistant & theres no seams on the door edges where water can get in!
So if you can afford it I would recommend the later as only slightly dearer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back