why do undercoats come in small tins

Sponsored Links
You can get it in 205 litre drums if you want. It depends where you shop. Even Wilko's sell 2,5 litres at less that £7.50. That will do most of your white wood.

so do you not use undercoat on walls? I want to use dulux matt(i think) endurance as my top coat and want to only really do one coat probably an off white/walnut with a feature wall. Some of the walls have a dark colour on them so was thinking I would need to undercoat to clear the dark then one coat of the dulux.
stuart

No. Use a cheap contract matt as an undercoat.

Sponsored Links
ok will try to find one is it called contract matt on the tins looking at that wilko site and cant find the undercoat u are talking about or the contract matt is it only available when you go to the store?
Cheers stuart

More likely called "Trade" paint.
Found in smaller suppliers rather than the big DIY stores, but they do their own brand which is cheap enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back