Knocking in Radiators !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 radiators in my downstairs lounge. I can be sitting in my lounge with my heating having been on all day. Then all of a sudden one of the 3 radiators will randomly start to make a 'knocking' sound. :evil:

To remedy this situation i have to increase that radiators thermostaic valve slightly and the knocking stops instantly....Please help as ive no idea why this is happening or why it is randomly in any of the 3 radiators.

Im looking for a permanent solution please.

Sponsored Links
Do you have trvs on all your rads?. Have a look. You should have one rad left permanently open on locksheilds.
If not the pins could be sticking in your trvs. Take off head and gently tap the pins to free them off :D

COuld be that the trv is on the wrong end of the rad (Are they on the flow or return) or that the lsv is open too much. Try closing it a bit, or a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back