Yell.com

J

Johnmelad502

Have just signed up for eight weeks of free advertising with Y.C. If it brings in enough work I have to pay £9 a week after that.

If not I can cancel with 7 days notice. Is Y.C worth the fee?

Sponsored Links
yell.com just a bunch of t*ssers

would never advertise with them again.
still keep pestering, they don't get the hint of f*ck off.

no, get a free listing and dont bother with the rest. we paid for a years glossy advertising with them, a complete waste of money. sales people are lying tossers. theyll tell you they never lower their prices and cant budge when i know perfectly well they did it for other people. Waste of time and money. Youd be better spending the money with local glossy free mags. it will bring in more work, its local, and you build a good reputation fast.

Don't bother with thomson local as well, first used them 13 yrs ago, they got my advert wrong, give them their due, they did repeat my add next year (still wrong :eek: ) free of charge, never told me they were doing this. origional cost £600 got my money back, just enough to cover the cost

Used them this year and explained why i'm not using them, rep round," ohhh, times have changed, things are different"

Went to spend £600, for 1/8 page ( i think) for back page of the trade,i was attemting.

"No, spend £1200, and i can get you on the first or second page, with half a page"

o.k. had that,

Long story short, i ended on the back of the que, had loads of exuses, can't get hold of the person who dealt with you, sick, xmas, left.

IF your a quickish person, they convict thereselves by saying "misssold/infomed" anyway, they got £300, they argued, sent the normal crap, solicitors letter,bailiffs letter, i just said "try it" all settled now.

Sponsored Links
Just think of what medium you use to search for services like: plumber, electrician, glazier, carpenter, heating etc etc.
Do you, your neighbour, your friends, your parents use the old Yellow Pages, Thomson Local, BT book or do you/they Google, ask friends etc?

Paper directories are definitely on their way out, internet (search engines, not online directories - or they have to get a high listing in the normal searches, Yell.com nor Thomson online never do) and old fashion recommendations are IN.

Must say, the only paper ad that still works for us (bringing in much more than it costs) is an ad in a monthly Village Directory which contains news and little articles from/about the village and surrounding area too. We are in all 5 "directories" which cover a rather large - rural - area around a large town.

Have just signed up for eight weeks of free advertising with Y.C. If it brings in enough work I have to pay £9 a week after that.

If not I can cancel with 7 days notice. Is Y.C worth the fee?

I think the other posters didnt read your post properly.

YELL.COM.....Do not get confused with pages, regardless of colour.

Yell.com, will bring hits as long as those search select YOUR area & trade.

I have made a few postings on here on similar lines. You are fortunate that you can go on yell.com without being in yellow pages.
I think you have a good deal & if you dont try how will you know if it does or dosnt work.
When they say you are up & running give it a try from yell.com & then try looking on google, you may well be surprised, but remember if people arent looking FOR YOU the chances are you wont be found.

Just read this about the use of YP:
Recent surveys have indicated that 36%+ of all Yellow Pages BOOKS don't even get opened ..... they do however make very expensive monitor stands!!! That means if you spend $10,000 on YP (and many do), $3,600 of your hard earned dollars don't even get to the starting gate... that's even before you start measuring the effectiveness of the rest.

Yellow Pages Online are another matter. Not enough data on the effectiveness of on-line yet.

I'm sure there are plenty of expensive monitor stands here in the UK too ;)

Our experience with Yell.com brings up enough data: not worth the money spent on it (and we had an enhanced listing complete with link to website).

Stay away i was offered the 8 week free trail, after four week they sent me an invoice for £560, half for yell plus they put in 118 247 for good measure, con artists stay away!Worst about it not one phone call. Rant over . Thanks

ive been phoned every week for the last 6 weeks by them. Ive just reported them to ofcom and theyve had a few choice words down the phone. The last bloke asked me what i had against yell.com. Im not sure if he was still listening by the time i finished.

Total, absolute waste of time. I had three Yell.com paid adverts in three local areas and in a year... two - three calls (I always ask where people heard of me).

Total tossers, don't go near them with a barge pole, go local and build your reputation from there, word of mouth is unbeatable.

I cancelled my free 8 weeks on 19/09/09 just two weeks into the eight weeks of free advertising.

Guess what? Today I received an invoice for £319.13 to be paid by 17/10/09.

The bill does not even state the period that it covers.

So now I know what a bunch of tossers they are I will be putting a warning on my own website telling others about this carp outfit.

Have just received this from them, any suggestions for a reply?

I must apologise for any confusion caused with regard to an eight week
free trial. What this in fact means is that you have an eight week
period between when the advent goes live and the first direct debit
payment being made.

The contract you have signed for Yell.com is a twelve month contract and
it can not be cancelled in that time.

"No, what it means is that if you told me I had a an eight week free trial when I placed my order, then an eight week free trial is what I've got.

I have no committment to anything else. I placed my order on that understanding.

I am sorry if you think I can be bound by a contract that you think meant something other than an eight week free trial. You are wrong. I have cancelled my direct debit."

If they threaten to take you to court, ask "has this contract ever been upheld in a court of law?

they are theiving scum plain and simple!
your debt will get passed to a debt collection agency in liverpool who are even worse than YP to deal with.

Sponsored Links
Back