carpet fitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do carpet fitters price their work. I have a carpet ....I priced at 42ppsqm online so I don't know what they get it for...

which I supposedly need 10sqm to pattern match but only 5sqm to be fitted (it's a 12 step staircase with a turn) and the guy has quoted me 850 fitted.

Seems a tad strong but I don't know how you guys work it out

Sponsored Links
I'm sure the price you found online was for a flat square area to be carpeted, not for a 12 step staircase with a turn.

what happened to common sense? Not so common after all?

if you can get the (exact same) carpet for £420 then £850 seems a lot for underlay and gripper but you need to shop around, i would have thought about £125-£150 for fitting from memory of dealing with carpet fitter contractors

my fitters charge £2.50 a metre plus a stair charge of £35.00
What carpet are you buying online for £42.00?
If you go to an independant retailer you will get a guarantee with the carpet and on the fitting

Sponsored Links
Recently paid £38.50 for 12 stairs and a landing which was 12' long with a 4' elbow/dog-leg, included thick Duralay underlay but paid anoher £15 for grippers. Total cost £53.50. No matching as it was a plain carpet.

if you can get the (exact same) carpet for £420 then £850 seems a lot for underlay and gripper but you need to shop around, i would have thought about £125-£150 for fitting from memory of dealing with carpet fitter contractors

Definately the same carpet. It's a Brintons Pure Living so can't be confused with anything else.

As I say I just Googled the carpet

my fitters charge £2.50 a metre plus a stair charge of £35.00
What carpet are you buying online for £42.00?
If you go to an independant retailer you will get a guarantee with the carpet and on the fitting

It wasn't that I wanted to source the carpet myself it's just when he came back with his price I couldn't work it to 850.. I guess max 1/2 day with getting here fitting and then out so his daily rate seems pretty darn good..

Back