Floor tile sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a house with a large slate tiled floor. does any one know how I can get the sealer off as the the floor is quite dark with this on, and my wife would like to restore them to the original colour.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you not risk staining the tiles with spills and ingrained dirt?. The purpose of the selaer is to stop this from happening and to make them easier to clean.

Most sealers are "impregnator sealers" so they soak into the stone, you will have a job getting them out/off. It may be that the floor has also been waxed, you may be able to remove this but it will be very difficuld and I doubt it will make much difference to the colour.

Jason

Sponsored Links
I agree with jasonb. There are three stages with the tiles you have : 1 st there is the liquid for colour inhancing 2nd there is the sealing and 3rd there is the waxing.

What you can buy is a product to take off the wax, but once the first two things are done, its vertually impossible to alter. I also depends on the shade of tile in the first place. Some workers can 'skim' off some off the tile with a machine, but now your talking lots of cash, better to dig it all up and start over fresh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back