circulator lengths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a Bungalow the circulator pipes 22mm plastic go from the garage up into the loft space 30 feet along the loft 8 feet down the wall in the kitchen then 20 feet under the floor and end up 15 feet from the boiler . If i reroute the pipes directly under the floor app 15 feet boiler to manifold will this increase the effiency of the boiler and reduce the heating time of the house

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have to wonder why any one would have routed the pipes this way if not neccessary.

Where is the Hot water cylinder, pump,and motorised valves?
Is it sealed or vented system?

sorry i did not give you the full details it is a combi boiler and it was moved from the kitchen to the garage by a plumbing contractor this was the easy route for his pipes used plastic ran off with my copper

Sponsored Links
Just put some insulation on the pipes under the ground floor and in the loft; saves you about 95% of the cost in time and money.
Even compared to completely uninsulated pipes, I seriously doubt if you would be able to tell the difference in the gasbill or the warm up time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back