Shower blocking up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My electric shower keeps blocking up. The shower head fills with small flakes of what looks like limescale, and is unusable after one to two showers.

Originally I had a Triton Opal with this problem. I replaced it around a year ago with an Opal II. It worked well for nearly a year. My reasoning was that maybe the shower was kettling, creating limescale. Either that or some kind of filtration failure.

However now the Opal II is doing the same thing, so I clearly didn't fix it by replacing the shower unit.

Either the passage of time or the change in the seasons has caused the same problem to come back.

All other taps in the house run clear.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Many thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
see them scale all the time but don't cause a big problem.

did you fit the inlet filter ?

take the shower head off and run it at cold with the hose in the bath
...already tried that. This maybe clears the head for a short while, but it'll be blocked if I take 1-2 showers. This was the solution offered by Triton when I rang them, by the way.
did you fit the inlet filter
There is a filter which comes as part of the shower unit. I haven't fitted anything else. (Should I have?)

The thing that really gets me is how fast and frequently it blocks. I'd expect the shower to scale up in months, not the 10 minutes it seems to take.

Sponsored Links
It might be worth looking on a "certain e-auction site" ;) because @ that price I`ll be listing a couple myself . I have 2 used, but perfectly good ones in my garage ;)

Given the device you're recommending, you think the scale is originating in the shower? So somehow it's getting so hot in there that it's creating this massive amount of scale during the course of a shower?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back