Difficult access in respect of cleaning guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ,
I am experiencing difficulty in reaching soil that has collected in the guttering -the space available between tile edge and gutter only allows me to reach into the guttering with fingers upto the knuckles.
Does anyone know any method of cleaning that can get around this restricted access dilema?
Any suggestions or tried and tested methods of cleaning other than reaching in with hands ?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A gardening trowel is an old favourite. but it sounds as if you wouldn't have room to get one in there.
I think I'd construct something like an anorexic croupiers rake (the rake that is, not the croupier) so that I could at least pull all the muck into one place to get it out. It's the sliding up and down the gutter that's most likely to do your fingers damage.
Probably a bit risky to try an industrial hoover up there!

A gardening trowel is an old favourite. but it sounds as if you wouldn't have room to get one in there.
I think I'd construct something like an anorexic croupiers rake (the rake that is, not the croupier) so that I could at least pull all the muck into one place to get it out. It's the sliding up and down the gutter that's most likely to do your fingers damage.
Probably a bit risky to try an industrial hoover up there!
How about some drain rods and a scraper that goes with them...but ground down to suit the gutter profile :idea:

Sponsored Links
Jet wash or pressure wash sounds like a good idea can you advise what level of psi I would require and can you recommend any good makes of this type of equipment?
many thanks

Jet wash or pressure wash sounds like a good idea can you advise what level of psi I would require and can you recommend any good makes of this type of equipment?
many thanks

i use a karcher gs4000 petrol one but any one would do really a karcher kb 4040 or 6060 will be enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back