How to reset a Micron Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The reset light on the boiler is on (solid green). How do I go about resetting the boiler as the instructions for the boiler are useless! Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Turn power to boiler off and on again this will reset it but you might have a problem which has caused it to need resetting.

i have tried that but it still does not work, it sounds like it has kicked in upstairs in the airing cupboard as it makes all the normal noises but the boiler just wont fire up at all.

The reset light on solid is a "non-volatile lockout".

I had this issue when I had air in the system which must've ended up in the boiler.

Switched off boiler using the temp/off pot, got rid of air by turning pump on full bore for a couple of mins and switched back on again and fired up ok.

If this doesn't fix, likely a PCB failure which they are renowned for (if it's a glow-worm micron). Get a refurb from http://www.cetltd.com/ which will be much cheaper than from merchants.

If you change the PCB, you will need to change the thermistor at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Firstly before jumping straight in for a (expensive) PCB, does the fan or anything run on the boiler?
Are you getting 230V back on the switched live from the system?

Replace the Thermistor. If left alone, thay will wreck the PCB if it is faulty.

The newly designed board is a lot more reliable but is fairy expensive. An £11 thermistor (order the right one) is worth a punt if your poor at diagnosing your boiler fault.
Your fan is running isnt it?

Just realised this has been advised already. Oops!

Paul

PCB's for the micron can be had off ebay, brand new, for as little as £35 if you catch it at the right time. From CET ltd, you can get a reconditioned one, which is probably more reliable than a genuine one as the parts used are of better quality, for £55 (that includes sending your old one back). Never buy one from a plumbers merchants or suchlike as you will easily add £100 to those prices.

For £11, it's worth tyring the thermistor first, but I'd like to bet that the PCB is already borked.

Both the PCB and thermistor are easily swapped out by a competent DIY'er despite what any of the "pro's" may say and will save you much money.

Best of luck.

the fan is not running on the boiler, when i turn it on there is nothing there, however the pump etc in the airing cupboard is working as i can hear it.

i have a British gas engineer coming to look at it and we have the homecare cover so hopefully that will cover it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back