mira sport max problem - help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My shower worked fine for a year or more then thermostat light came on in medium and high settings. Low flow light is on. We have checked inlet filter and headset all fine. Am wondering if problem is due to recent installation of combi boiler? We are thinking maybe a faulty flow valve? Any ideas/suggestions please? Thank you, Helen and Neil

Sponsored Links
hi thanks, what does that mean exactly please? the stopcock on the shower or somewhere else?

your mains stopcock into the house.
maybe under your kitchen sink in the cupboard etc

or any isolation valves that maybe on the feed to the shower

Sponsored Links
yes that is fine and fully open. the combi boiler had been installed a couple weeks, then this shower problem started, i'm not sure if the two are connected. i am wondering if the boiler has affected the mains supply pressure to the shower somehow if your first thought is to ask about stopcocks.

where did they isolate your mains water when they fitted your new boiler ?
stopcock in doors or out in the street ?

yes, i will need to ring the plumber who installed it to ask, because we were away when the boiler was fitted.

you can check the flow valve by removing the shower head and turn to fully cold the flow willbe fast
then turn to fully hot the flow willbe be no more than a dribble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back