NO CH NO HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
long story, BUt i\\\'ll try to make it short.
I had a problem with my HW tank, so the plumber changed it after draining some of the CH water. after that, I got only hot rads downstairs but no HW and cold upstairs rads. the plumber drained the CH completely. he discovered that CH not being filled at all. he tried several things including bleeding rads and bump with no luck. the first serious problem was to find the head tank that feed the CH system. he couldn\\\'t find it( not in the loft, bedrooms nor the bathroom). Another plumber suggested that CH system might be connected to the cold water somewhere and dosen\\\'t have a separate head tank. He also suggested to shut off the main water supply and empty the HW tank then loosen the bleeding valves and turn on the main water supply again, hoping that this will level the water and drive the air out. we did this a few times with no success.
Any suggestion, please? we\\\'re freezing!!
Please note that the house is old ans so the CH system.

Sponsored Links
Nice story but don't tell us anything.

Make of boiler for starters may help

Are there any tanks in the loft, look on the cylinder around the top heating pipe does it say primatic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back