can't fit downlighters back into ceiling properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- removed downlighters in the hall and landing so the ceilings could be replastered but am now struggling to refit the downlights. They are the standard design with the pair of clips (each clip consisting of one long and one short component) but there is no tension in the clips to work against- has another component 'pinged' off when I removed the downlights?, if so is it easy enough to get a replacement, or am I just missing some way of adjusting the fit of the clips to get them under tension?.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
downlights.GIF

does that help ?

Loving the diagram! Feel like a bit of a dullard now but I'm sure it won't be the last time that I order humble pie from the menu.

Thanks for your time- you should consider going into instruction leaflet design (I'm sure if my electrician had left the leaflet for my downlights they wouldn't have been as easy to follow and I would probably have had to post on the forum anyway).

Going to put them all back up now and pretend to the Wife that I worked it all out myself, if you don't mind.

Cheers again.

Sponsored Links
It was a diagram shown on an old DIYnot post- I didn't draw it, just 'borrowed' it from some kindly person that did draw it.

Whoever you were (Mr Aritist) you've left a legacy :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back