Renault trafic glow plug light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

The glow plug light on my renault trafic van has started to come on after I have been driving for a while. Some times it comes on soon after starting the van, some times it takes a while. It doesn't matter if the van is cold or hot. The vans temp is normal. I can not notice any difference to the vans performance.

What do you think it might be?

Thanks

Conor

Edited because I was falling asleep last night and for some reason called the glow plug light the coil light instead...muppet.

Sponsored Links
Possibly I guess.

Since the glow plugs are not in use after starting the vehical I don't understand why the light would come on at a random time when the van is running.

Conor

It's something to do with the turbo boost solenoid. Mines done it for a while, but van runs fine. why bother it's only a little light after all.....

Sponsored Links
It could also indicate the presence of water in the filter bowl.

Wotan

Glow plug lights on diesels often double up as engine managment lights.

How old is the traffic? Common fault is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. This is relativly easy to remove and can be cleaned using carb cleaner.

Glow plug lights on diesels often double up as engine managment lights.

How old is the traffic? Common fault is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. This is relativly easy to remove and can be cleaned using carb cleaner.

Thats the one ;)
John :)

Mine starts first time every time but then dies, takes a few tries to start it but once running works fine and then starts ok after that

glowplug light is constantly on since the problem started

Whats the worst possible case for this?

Follow the glow plug wires, see if they terminate in a black box, if so this is probably the glow plug control relay/ timer try getting similar from scrap yard and replace. French vehicles are renown for dodgy electrics.

Sponsored Links
Back