Vokera Compact Boiler/RC05 Remote Control/RMC1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time post so please be patient!

We have a Vokera Compact 25HE boiler, and recently have attempted to fit the RC05 remote control and RMC1 interface. We have followed the installation instructions, installed the RMC in the boiler and connected the RC05 Remote Control via a twin cable. This appears to be exactly as instructed!

However, when the power is reconnected, the screen on the RC05 shows that the boiler has been locked out and the error message AL5 - which is a 'communication fault between RC05 and boiler'.

Can anyone advise why this might be? Are we missing something?

Any advice or ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone offer any advice on this one?

Contacted Vokera, they suggested looking at the cable we used. Changed the cable and still get error message AL5.

Any advice or ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

had a quick look at controls guide

RC05 programmable room stat and boiler control vokera p/n 405 needs the wired remote control interface vokera part number 409

honestly never fitted one to a compact (he or se) too expensive for what it is.

if problems continue, vokera technical will walk and talk you through wiring and operation on 0141 945 6810 0141 945 6800

because the compact is in their lower budget range i always fit a Salus RT500f you could pick one up for between £45 and £60 or the honeywell cmt927 for between £80 and £95

why did you pick the vokera programmer out of curiosity?

[Hi, I bought the vokera RC05 and also the interface. The interface has been installed properly and checked.

we dinna like the RC05 as its too complicated. Can I buy a danfoss or any other good programmer. The RC05 has a twin cable connection to an interface 409 at the boiler,

PS enjoy the gemme? :D :D

Sponsored Links
Salus RT500f or the honeywell cmt927

Would these work in place of the RC05, I have fitted the interface.

Hi,

After advice received on here, we called vokera technical who talked us through the wiring and installation, with no success! Appears either the RC05 or remote control interface was faulty. Vokera advised us to return both to the supplier for a refund - which I have done and the ££ is being refunded.

However - now back at square 1 and unsure of our next move! Looking for a room thermostat programmer etc along the lines or the RC05. But now not sure which one to go for! Vokera did mention that the wireless unit they have (not sure of model number) would work but part would 'hang loose' in the boiler as there was nowhere to house it. A wireless unit would be ideal - but I am more than a little confused!

Can anyone give me some advice/a recommendation?

Cheers!

Salus RT500f or the honeywell cmt927

Would these work in place of the RC05, I have fitted the interface.

scottie, just switched on pc to receive an email from bobdouglas45

he has just fitted the salus rt500rf as per my recommendation,and he is up and running

you will get it from all the large merchants and screwfux and toolstation and online

go on you know it makes sense!!!!!!!!!

I bought a solus RT500 RF and fitted it today. its easier to understand than the Vokera RC05 which was faulty anyway.

:D

wow! Prompt responses!

So - I wouldnt be doing the most sensible thing if I reordered the vokera? :)

Couple of questions...

1. The Honeywell CMT927
Had a quick look at this one... it appears to be wireless? unit which comes with 1. room unit and 2. relay box. Sounds ideal for what we wanted! Thermostat and programmer in one unit (room unit) with the receiver to wire to the boiler.
BUT - is this all i would need? Does the relay unit 'connect' directly to by Compact HE?

2. Salus RT500f
This is a wired unit. Therefore, assume that some sort of remote control interface is required. Problem being I just retuned one!

To be honest... and youve probably guessed this... im a complete novice!
Original spec for boiler change was a 'better' boiler with wireless control unit - so may be leaning towards the Honeywell. How viable is this? How easy is it to install? Is all I will need really some cable and what would come in the box?

So glad I found this forum and am gettind this advice - I was become more and more frustrated with the whole thing!

S

wow! Prompt responses!

So - I wouldnt be doing the most sensible thing if I reordered the vokera? :)

Couple of questions...

1. The Honeywell CMT927
Had a quick look at this one... it appears to be wireless? unit which comes with 1. room unit and 2. relay box. Sounds ideal for what we wanted! Thermostat and programmer in one unit (room unit) with the receiver to wire to the boiler.
BUT - is this all i would need? Does the relay unit 'connect' directly to by Compact HE?.......YES

2. Salus RT500f
This is a wired unit. Therefore, assume that some sort of remote control interface is required. Problem being I just retuned one!

THIS IS NOT A WIRED UNIT THE RF PART IS A GIVEAWAY!!!!!
To be honest... and youve probably guessed this... im a complete novice!
Original spec for boiler change was a 'better' boiler with wireless control unit - so may be leaning towards the Honeywell. How viable is this? How easy is it to install? Is all I will need really some cable and what would come in the box?

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME PM BOBDOUGLAS AND ASK HIM

So glad I found this forum and am gettind this advice - I was become more and more frustrated with the whole thing!

S

Thanks for all the help and advise tonight. I can see a way forward at last!

Will have a look at both units mentioned (of course, now I know they are both wireless (doh!)) and hopefully make a decision and place an order tomorrow!

Hopefully the installation will be straightforward enough for us to cope!

I have called in 2 plumber and parted with alot of cash and still not managed to get my vokera compact on an external timer/thermostat.

i have now bought a Salus RT500Rf thermostat, am now trying to wire it ourselves.
How do i tell which is the live feed from the boiler and which is the switched live feed back to the other side of the boiler external thermostat loop..

I bought a solus RT500 RF and fitted it today. its easier to understand than the Vokera RC05 which was faulty anyway.

:D
Any tips on how you wired up the boiler, am a little confused about which black wire relates to the live feed from and the switched live feed back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back