Sundial y-plan wiring on viessmann

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm wiring a viessman boiler on a y-plan, and just have a couple of questions regarding the wiring.

On the boiler there's a L,N,E and a 1,L,N. 1 is the switch live, but does anyone know if the L can be used as pump live?

Also on the sundial wiring diagram, SL goes to terminal 10, and PL goes to terminal 9. Does this mean the perm live goes into terminal 1?

Cheers for the help.

Sponsored Links
Most modern circulators Kev are wired via the boiler and, most modern boilers have a circulator connection block. This is to provide pump over-run when the appliance shuts down. Sorry I'm not sure, but I'd think the Viessman has a connection block for the circulator supply.

When you wire the circulator via the boiler, you don't need to connect it to the SL as you detailed.

Post up a link with the installation instructions for you appliance & it can be confirmed what goes where.
HTH

Viessmann open vent boilers now come with a pump connecting lead that fits to a specific socket on the pcb - boiler controls the pump overrun.

LNE is your mains input

1,L,N is the wiring point for a roomstat - treat terminal 1 as the SL which will fire the boiler.

be prepared to spend some time venting the heat exchanger. there is a flow switch and the boiler will not fire if there is air in the exchanger.

Sponsored Links
It was one of the new open vent boilers which come with the pump lead.

I wired it without pump over run wich worked fine.

I couldn't actually seem to get it working correctly using the pump lead for over run. I used terminal 1 on the boiler for switch live, which i put into terminal 8 i think on the wiring centre. I'm still a little hazy on wiring in with pump over run as i'm quite new to wiring in S and Y plans.

Which model was it (exactly)?

The makers have a wiring diagram they can send you, if the one in the installation instructions is too small. Mine was supplied with instructions for the Combi that were misleading for the Compact. I found their support desk helpful.

It was the vitodens 100-w, and the wiring diagram in the installation instructions weren't bad, but there wasn't a full y-plan wiring diagram.

I didn't know viessmann could send you a full wiring diagram. I think i'll contact them for one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back