Signed off by doc for first time ever. what now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do I do with the little form the quack gave me? Been signed off for 3 weeks due to back injury. Limited company ie me. Just pass it to accountant?

Glad to say never had to be signed off before, hence confusion.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
youre going to get bored and be on here lots now arent you! :LOL:

3 weeks, should get the cash about 2 weeks after your back at work...
have fun..

and if you have savings then they take that into account and all sorts..

if you have a partner earning more than around £150 take home youll get nowt :cry:

Big All. your talking sh#te self emloyed wifes wages dont come into it

If your stamp is up to date (either Class 1 or 2 ) you will be entitled to contribution based ESA.

If not up to date then the household income will be assessed for income based ESA which is what Big All is referring to. The £150 figure is a bit generous as the law says that a couple living together can live on £101 per week! :rolleyes:

Either way you don't get a fat lot

Wabbit you may be entitled to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit too so might be worth looking into it.

I know these things as I am a trainee adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau so feel free to ask. :D

Interesting stuff. As I pay an accountant far too much for adding up sums, I'll pass it to him. Its not the cash so much as the principle - claim nothing for the last 30 odd years, so would like to grab what I can for a change.

Sadly, the back is getting better quite well, so may be forced to go back out there soon........still, will get me away from here!

As I pay an accountant far too much for adding up sums, I'll pass it to him.
That would be a complete waste of money. You're an employee, so it's up to you to sort it out. And as an employer, you should advise your employee how to go about it.

Sponsored Links
Back