Ideal Icos knocking - low water pressure?

As said by a couple of observant peeps on here this boiler is an m3080 original icos and is probably seven years old!!
(lasted this long FFS) Hope this satisfies you lot :LOL:
But it will be an external fault of air, pump, or circulation probs but get someone to check as it could cause irreprable(sp) damage to boiler also get it checked and serviced including sump cleaned electrodes checke insulation panels condense checked etc if not yo could be in for more trouble :confused: :confused:

The house is only around 4 years old! I'm renting, so i'll get the agents to get it looked at asap. Thanks very much for all your opinions, now i know it's something i can't fix - i'll get a professional in.

Sponsored Links
There should be a label along the bottom right under boiler with serial number. Starts with 2 letter then long 12 digit number then 4 numbers can you post that up here please.
It may be someone has fitted an old user control to a new boiler!?!?

But the front case is different shape on the M series compared to the newer HE.

The controls from one wouldn't fit the other, would they?

Just noticed, apolgies if anyone else had noticed, but on the picture with the MV the actuator doesnt correspond to the pipe/valve direction..

A on the valve is lined up with B on the actuator and vice versa...

Sponsored Links
Just noticed, apolgies if anyone else had noticed, but on the picture with the MV the actuator doesnt correspond to the pipe/valve direction..

I mentioned that in my first post :D Is there a simple fix for that?

Also, shambolic, the number is:

15429900206775 0340

Then there's a date... 03/10/03! Guess you're right about the boiler's age!

Cheers guys, this is all really helpful :)

The first 6 digits of serial number is the boiler model the last 4 digits is the week of produstion 0340
40th week of 2003 that would tally in with the actual date on it too although not all boilers have the date so we go with the 4 digits of the year and week.
Hope this helps :D

But the front case is different shape on the M series compared to the newer HE.

The controls from one wouldn't fit the other, would they?
Naw they are the same mate!!
The Evo has a differing front case the rest are the same :D

davebgas wrote:

I mentioned that in my first post Is there a simple fix for that?

Undo the two screws and turn the actuator around :D

Is the valve itself the right way round. :rolleyes:

Looks upside down to me.

Can we see a bigger pic showing the cylinder connection as well.

Is it as simple as undoing the screws and switching it round then?

Is the valve itself the right way round. :rolleyes:

Looks upside down to me.

Can we see a bigger pic showing the cylinder connection as well.

Not quite sure what you are asking photos of, but here's two which may help:

IMGP6821.jpg

IMGP6823.jpg

The actuators head is on the wrong way around mate.......
See port B on the valve body? Well thats going into the cylinder which is correct..... however the head has B Hot water going to the system...

Take the 2 screws out the white actuator head and it will come off the valve body..... turn it around so B lines up with B and A with A..... screw it back down onto the body.....

Ok, screws out. I can now see why it was fitted this way round (well, not really - but i can see that something is up). The fitting between the "head" and the actual valve is a one-way fitment, and it's the wrong way....

Any thoughts?

IMGP6825.jpg

there will be an easier way, but in mean time.......

keep actuator off of valve but orientate actuator to valve in your hand

set prog to hot water only

turn valve shaft to same position as actuator

if you get my drift ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back