Liability for burst expansion vessel

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
scuse me i have 6 double panel 2000 x 750 rads
does that cover it :confused:

a 1000 x 600 k2 stelrad holds 11.4 litres

a 2000 x 700 k2 holds 22.8 litres 6 = 136.8 litres

Sponsored Links
point is if system volume exceeds the manufactures stated quantity then he has an ace up his sleeve.

If the system holds more than 90 litres, before the rad was fitted then an extra vessel should have been installed.

Comes under existing faults.

The solicitor will need to get a survey done to calulate, plus inform them that you want the old installation produced in Court.

exactly the system volume should have been calculated before the extra rad was fitted

so not being an ace up the sleeve

could be the rock he perishes on :cry:

for a very rough estimate the average volume for a house is 10litres per radiator.

for a more exact calculation a 600 high rad has 0.19 litres per section

And in case the old expansion vessel will have to be sent off for an independent expert summary of its condition, ideally by the manufacture.

And I bet they don't have it any more. :LOL:

Mark also needs to get his bill in with set payment time, followed by a counter claim if not paid.

Would also remind the client that they are responsible for your Solicitors bill as well as any lost time.

I realise the point you make could backfire, but a rough check on house size etc should reduce the chances.

otherwise keep it up the sleeve and go for perished vessel.

Maybe an idea to inform his insurance as well they will want to inspect the old vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back