Vaillant Turbomax 828e

BDL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced a diverter valve yesterday on a Vaillant 828e. Everything went well. Filled up tested no probs.
Got a call this morning from customer saying no hot water? Recalled found actuator had dis engaged from valve spindle. From what I can see the actuator moves the spindle to whatever mode is being used. The problem is attaching the actuator to the spindle?
Spoke to Vaillant and went round in circles for 20 mins and got no where.
Anyone done one before?
It seems to attach by slotting in a retaining hole( but comes off after a few minutes).
Tell me I am not losing the plot.

Sponsored Links
No, but it looks easy.

Turboplus book say;

remove plug.
remove spring clip.
undo the unions and remove valve.

refit in the reverse order.

Yep that is easy!
The problem is the actuator attached to the valve, the motor moves the spindle in the valve by a lever. The problem is attaching the lever to the spindle on the diverter valve body. It stays for a while and comes off.
Maybe I am having a blonde day but I just couldn't get it to work.

common fault on this boiler shaft is driven by a nylon gear (worm) this wears and the shaft pulls out of the motor housing. Diverter valve comes with a new motor also, the shaft pulls out due the diverter valve getting stiff.

fit new motor with new div valve 10 min job

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.
Replaced diverter and motor yesterday. Problem is the motor seems to come away from the valve.
Is there a particular way to re attach the motor arm to the valve spindle?

motor spindle( hole in) hooks onto div valve spindle, drive motor spindle to out of motor body by selection hw mode (run tap may be heating cant remember?) turn of power, hook on spindle job done, newer type div valve has larger holes in side body brass casing to to line up the two shafts, if unsure practice with old motor spindle shaft

Nice one CorgiGazza.
Re attached again today. So far so good 7 hours and cust. not rang me.
These valves are totally cheap and nasty tat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back