Amana: Over-Sudzing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Amana, large capacity washer (3.3cu/ft) tends to overflow with suds from the drain pipe during the rinse cycles. I know my drain is clear as I have flushed it several times and have not noticed any back-up. It's important to note that the overflow is not water,, just suds. I have tried halving the detergent & bleach, altering combinations of soap & water levels,, to no avail. The suds seem to appear after the water has been pumped through the drain,, after which the machine pumps just suds,, which do not drain properly and back-up through the drain pipe connection. Any advice??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Did you receive a reply to this post? I have the same problem. Thanks!

My Amana, large capacity washer (3.3cu/ft) tends to overflow with suds from the drain pipe during the rinse cycles. I know my drain is clear as I have flushed it several times and have not noticed any back-up. It's important to note that the overflow is not water,, just suds. I have tried halving the detergent & bleach, altering combinations of soap & water levels,, to no avail. The suds seem to appear after the water has been pumped through the drain,, after which the machine pumps just suds,, which do not drain properly and back-up through the drain pipe connection. Any advice??

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back