Ideal mini boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal mini combi boiler, having not used the heating all summer, when I switched it on the other day I noticed the pressure was going way too high

Usually it's at just over one when cold, adds about half a bar when heating /hot water is on

It is now just climbing until over 3 bar, at which point I switched heating off.

I turned the radiator water heat dial down (the boiler has one dial for tap water heat and one for rads) which still gives me nice hot rads to be honest, and the pressure only climbs to just over two and stops climbing

But obviously something is amiss... any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
This is a rebadged Biasi boiler that may have a faulty expansion vessel, best to get a Gas Safe RGI in to have a look at it.

By the way, they are great wee boilers, easy to work on & when & if they break down parts are readily available.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can. Bicycle pump does the trick.
Drain some water from the system until gauge is close to 0.
Pump vessel up to about 1 bar.
Top up system to 1 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back