Job No: HUW/35656

Wage - £23,000 - £26,000 PER ANNUM

Hours- 37.5 PER WEEK, DAYS AND TIMES TO BE ARRANGED

Location -YORKSHIRE HU1
Duration -Permanent
Date posted- 28 September 2009
Closing date- 07 October 2009
Pension available

All job applicants will need to provide documentation which demonstrates their ability to work in GB. Must have either S/NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds qualifications in plumbing.
Must have a full manual drivers licence, current and valid for use within the UK. The Plumbing Engineer (PE) role is a field based role. With the minimum of supervision, will install, maintain and repair plumbing systems and associated appliances and apparatus to the required quality and safety standards, ensuring cost effectiveness and a high level of customer satisfaction.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by obtaining an application form from, and returning it to Online Applications Only at British Gas Recruitment Centre, www.britishgasacademy.co.uk.
Employer

British Gas Recruitment Centre

Sponsored Links
i would imagine you will be doing cylinder and rad swaps along with any other non gas but also non plumbing jobs they want done. you may get very good with a core drill for instance. depends how much plumbing work they have in that area.

the good thing is plumbers aren't, as far as im aware, on performance, the bad news is you wont be able to make any money from good performance.

i would guess at one in five saturdays, not sure if plumbers do sundays.

when i worked for BG we took on a plumber on the patch. it was well handy. used to give him all the stuff we didn't want lol. difficult cylinders, cwsc, any pump, valve etc which was longer than normal time. I don't think it would be a very fun job to be honest!

Loking for help like:
what questions are in the test?
how long does it last ?
is it easy multiple choice etc?
do i dress casual or what?

any information would be a help cheers :confused: :D

Sponsored Links
You know what, I would go for that. Particularly if the regular BG parts changers/ boiler gazers need a proper plumber/ someone with draining knowlege. Just read about the cock-ups made by non plumbers under bg. :idea: The management arent daft . they know they need 2 different skills . They`re probably watching Pimlico Plumbers to see how it ( making £) should be done . BUT resist all attempts to let them get you on some tracking/ productivity scheme :idea: That B.S is not in the nature of " jobbing Plumbing" which is what they are after. That, and good customer service from you as an employee , are paramount . and will get you the job. ;)

nige, there are a couple of posts from august you haven't posted on yet. :LOL:

Back