How much water does radiator hold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can you tell me how much water a 600mm x 500mm radiator would hold is it is double panel?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i want to know how many litres of water my system holds? there must be a way

Thats easy

A 600 Stelrad K1 & P1 0.097 Ltrs/sec

A 600 P+ & K2 0.19 Ltrs/sec

aaaarrghhh
mockery-056.gif

luv you
happy-010.gif

The bad news: It is impossible to calculate the contents of your heating system.

The good news: there is no valid reason for having to do so.

The best news: You can just ask on this-here forum what the best way is of achieving what you want to do. You will get the professional opinion of a number of seasoned pro's, free and for nothing.

The bad news: It is impossible to calculate the contents of your heating system.

The good news: there is no valid reason for having to do so.

The best news: You can just ask on this-here forum what the best way is of achieving what you want to do. You will get the professional opinion of a number of seasoned pro's, free and for nothing.

Rubbish Ben ;)

Rads are easy, just need the size and make or take the stelrad as generic.

Pipes are easy you can get charts, all you need is the lengths of each size.

Boilers are in the MI.

What else do you need.

If you've got a water meter you can find the complete system volume if you are particularly bored.
Drain the system completely. Note the reading on the water meter. Fill the system. Note the second reading. Subtract the reading and you've got your volume. 1m3 is 1000 litres exactly.

Of course don't forget the 1 litre of inhibitor you have to add as well!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back