check my quotes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after missing out on some work a month or so back, I'd like you lot to cast an eye over my quotes to see if they are fair..

move several sockets and supply and install 6 downlighter in a kitchen = £126 + £46 for notification

supply and install wylex 17th ED CU + test.. £160 + £46 for notification.. or not if they do both at the same time.. ( any fault corrections agreed on and charged at hourly rate )..

Sponsored Links
not a sparky, but from a customers point of view seem fair to me. It seems to be that funny time of year, when people either cant make their mind up and leave the work, or other people are buying the work because its winter. Bloody infuriating when you do the leg work though.

i Would have thought cheap,
Is that how much yous have to pay to notify,fek only costs us gas people £2.30

that's the fee that the LABC have told me for non registered electricians who can submit their own test certificates..

Sponsored Links
Incredibly good value, I would rip your arm off for continued work if you lived further down South

Seems very cheap to me, some people can be frightened off by prices that are too cheap. And I would not show the notification fee separately, just lump it all together.

I upped the board change price to £180.. ( the board is on offer for £20 off but it might not be by the time they decide to do it.. so just in case.. )

the board is on offer for £20

So that should be extra profit for you not the customer, charge the normal price, unless you're desperate for work. Or offer the discount on the cu but add the discount back on elsewhere.

If theres no profit theres no point - stay in bed.

I charge 350 for a cu.
Probably 200ish for the sockets and lights (sounds like a days work).

yeh i suppose, had forgot about that.

(that u dont have to pay 50p for 5 mins parking :eek: like i do!!!)

Coljack
Those prices are really cheap.
Had a job last week where the guy was having his consumer unit changed,and the supply to the shower beefed up.
Guy was charged £580.Spark was there for about 5 hours.
Graham

don't usually do domestic so I'm unsure of what to charge..
I usually sub contract to bigger firms, labour only on an hourly rate..
but I've been out of work for 7 months so It's foot in the door time..
a few cheap but quality jobs to get the word of mouth out there and see how it goes..

I know what I'm doing, but I'm shy IRL.. well not "sit in a corner and blush" kind of shy, but I feel uncomfortable talking to people I don't really know.. not a good thing if you're trying to work solo...

Price is one thing but how you sell yourself is another. If your shy, then work out a simple sales pitch to use for each customer. That way you wont forget anything. ie fully qualified, fully insured, do one job at a time, clean up after ive finished, ill have the quote to you by such and such, if you dont have it ring me etce etc. A lot of people justwalk in look at the work, mumble and walk back out. Sell yourself and your work to customers. Takes prctice, but the nerves soon go.

that's the fee that the LABC have told me for non registered electricians who can submit their own test certificates..
Very cheap mate. Around here you are looking at a minimum of £150 - £200, depending on which borough you come under.

Sponsored Links
Back