Installing an Electrolux EHD60020P 4 Zone Induction Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought an Electrolux EHD60020P 4 Zone Induction Hob.

The manual recommends the use of a HO5BB-F cable which appears to be a Flexible Cable with Elastomer Rubber Sheath 90° C , 300/500 Volt.

I have connected the Hob to the existing cable and the unit powers up, but only the elements to the left hand side work, the other two show an error.

The wiring diagram shows that there should be twin connections for the live, thus i'm assuming the unit runs two seperate transformers to power twin hobs. Is this right? I have only previously wired hobs with a single live.

Any advice on the right cable would be great.

Regards

Sponsored Links
there's likely a little link in the terminal box that you're supposed to put in..
something like is ringed in the following photo ( not the same model as yours.. )

View media item 9113

Thank you, thats fantastic.

I have just put the metal link in between the two live connections and it's all working now.

One question remains however, the metal link is just that...and not insulated.
Is it OK to leave this as is? will it not generate a lot of heat and melt the cable insulation?

Sponsored Links
the terminals are only metal aren't they? ;) :D

:LOL: :oops: blonde question....the terminals are metal, but I was wondering about the bit of metal that protrudes. (ie the ends of the link are stuck into the live connections, but the bit that protrudes (and links) is metal and may heat the insulated cable if in near proximity?

The cable we have is a H07RN-F and Electrolux recommend the H05BB-F, from what I can find, the H07 cable we have is sturdier than the latter.

EDIT: Oh I see what you are saying ;)

What on earth (pardon the pun) is that picture!
What a lash up - cable is too small and no earth - or is the earth wire white??.

did you not catch the farce that was attractivebrunetes hob install?
she was going to wire it in with that flex untill she luckilly posted on here and we stopped her...

and the earth wire is green and yellow, just a washed out picture is all..
you can see the stripe if you look closely..

Oh right, I sort of read it but all the drooling over her photo made me sick. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back